It’s that time of the year! Kids are getting their costumes prepared and adults are planning their parties. Everyone is ready for the fun and spooky time to begin. It can be easy to get caught up in the excitement the Halloween festivities will bring, and we may forget about the importance of safety.
While Halloween is filled with fun, laughter and spookiness, we need to make sure our children are safe while they are out and about trick-or-treating. Several tips that we can keep in mind this season are:
- Go through your child’s candy before they dig in; when in doubt, throw it out!
- Talk to your kids about the danger of eating candy before they get the okay from you.
- Make sure costumes are visible in the dark and fit properly.
- When trick-or-treating, stay on the sidewalk as much as possible.
- Trick-or-treat in a group or with a responsible adult.
- Talk to your child about respecting other’s lawns and Halloween decor.
It seems like a long checklist, but our children’s safety is the most important during the Halloween season! We want our kids to have fun and enjoy their costumes, parties, and candy. Let’s do our best to get our children prepared. Are there any other tips or suggestions that have become traditions for your family? Share them with your friends, so you all can have a safe and fa-BOO-lous Halloween!